Math can be tough to teach. That’s why many people are looking for new, more effective ways of teaching kids math. If you’re curious about how Singapore’s math curriculum helps children learn Math, this article breaks it down.
The Math curriculum in Singapore’s system of education is said to be one of the most effective approaches in terms of teaching Math. It is said to be more effective than other methods because it uses a step-by-step approach that helps kids understand the concepts better. Singapore Math is also said to be more fun for kids because it uses a lot of visual aids and hands-on activities.
These are the 7 reasons why Singapore Math is an effective way to teach your child math.
- It is based on the principle of learning by doing when solving math problems. This means that children learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process, rather than just being passively taught.
- It is based on a concrete-pictorial-abstract (CPA) learning progression. This means that students first learn concepts through concrete and pictorial representations, before moving on to more abstract representations. This approach has been shown to be very effective in helping students understand concepts.
- It emphasizes problem solving. Students are taught to solve math problems in multiple ways, and to think critically about the solutions they find. This helps them develop a deeper understanding of the concepts they are learning.
- It is taught using a mastery approach. This means that students are not moved on to the next concept until they have fully mastered the current one. This ensures that students have a deep understanding of all the concepts they learn.
- It has a strong focus on mental math, which helps children develop strong number sense skills.
- Children learn important life skills, such as how to follow directions and how to work independently.
- Singapore’s math curriculum provides a very strong foundation in early mathematics that will serve students well throughout their educational careers and beyond.
There are many good reasons why Singapore Math is an effective way to teach your child math. The method is simple, concise, and effective. It has been proven to work time and time again. In case you think Singapore’s system of education and its Math curriculum is tough and may not be that effective, perhaps it’s time to change your mind. It has been proven to be a highly effective approach and will benefit your children in life for years to come.
We have built Acekids with the core value that Parents are a child's best teacher.
So, with Acekids help and 5 minutes daily, you can keep track of Child's Math progress.
Apple users – Download Here
Android users – Download Here